Merlin's Academy of Magical Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merlin's Academy of Magical Arts

Ever wonder what happens after Hogwarts? Merlin's Academy of Magical Arts. Just like muggles, magical folk need further education to get those demanding jobs.

HomeIt's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_mini_portalSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Character Switch
Switch Accounts

Top posting users this week
No user

It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leyton Lestrange
Adult
Leyton Lestrange

It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) Empty
PostSubject: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2023 11:28 am

Leyton was nervous, more nervous than he had ever been over dinner. What could go wrong. Nothing? Everything? Sighing he ran his fingers through his hair as he walked back to the kitchen to check in the sauce that had been simmering on the stove all day. He had decided to keep it as simple as possible, no fuss dinner. Baked spaghetti and meatballs with salad and fresh baked bread. The sun was shining and the windows were open to let in some of the early fall air.

On Sunday's the shop was only open for three hours in the morning and then he closed up and headed back upstairs to relax by himself on a normal day. That morning was mostly tea sales, as they were becoming quite popular and they had started a delivery service for those interested as well.

Overall, the business was going better than expected so far and he could only hope that things continued in that direction.

Checking his watch he headed back into the kitchen to start building the casserole hearing the knock on the door, knowing that it must be Piper because his brother would never be that early.

"Come on Piper it's open," he called, knowing she would hear him through the open window. Turning his attention back to the dish he layer everything together before stopping to take a sip of his tea.

Humming to himself under his breath he sighed, trying to keep himself calm. He could do this, repair his relationship with his brother and look to a better future.
Back to top Go down
Piper Evans
Adult
Piper Evans

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 10:11 am

Piper had the day off, so of course she was too nervous to enjoy it. She'd spent the morning getting her things in order for the upcoming moon, then she'd tried to read a book. Her mind was too busy reeling with thoughts of how the day would go, so she tried cleaning instead. The apartment was cleaner than it had ever been by the time she was done, but anxiety still wore at her and it was only just lunch time by then.

The girl had to last until dinner. How in the world was she going to distract herself for that long? Deciding to do more productive things since she was wired and got the cleaning done so fast, Piper opted to do laundry and even wash the blankets around the house and her bedding as well. It did always feel so good to go to sleep on freshly laundered sheets after all.

All that done, the witch found herself pacing her home, trying to keep herself from arriving too early at Leyton's. Once it was a half respectable time to show up early for a dinner invitation, however, Piper left her home and started the shot walk back toward the shop. She was going for casual, in a pair of worn jeans and an oversized sweater. The nights were getting chilly as school had started up again, and she found herself just this side of comfortable with the soft fabric pulled over her knuckles. Her hair was loose as it tended to be, and she hoped she wasn't too underdressed for the occasion.

Finally, Piper arrived at her boss's flat and knocked on the door. She sincerely hoped she wasn't too early and that she wouldn't be in the way of fiishing dinner. When Leyton called out the window, Piper nearly squeaked as she hadn't realized it was even open. Following his instruction, she opened the door and eased her way in, sliding off her sneakers at the entry way before heading to the kitchen where he worked.

"Hey, boss," she said, hovering nearby and trying to assess what he was doing. "I hope I'm not too early. Is there anything I can help with? I probably should have brought something, shouldn't I? Oh, jeez, I'm so dumb..." She worried her lip between her teeth as she thought over how she could have baked a dessert or something insead of manically cleaning her whole home. Oh, bother. Why hadn't she thought of that?
Back to top Go down
Luca Lestrange
Adult
Luca Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 2:39 pm

Luca had closed the club down the night before, came home and showered before falling right to sleep. Drumming was a great way to burn off his excess energy in the cleanest way possible. It had been a good night though, once he relaxed seeing Leyton leave. It had put him on edge seeing his brother in a place he didn't need to be, no matter if he was two years into his recover or not.

Temptation in any form was never a good thing when presented before Leyton.

Waking sometime after noon he finally made it out of bed and brewed the strongest coffee he had on hand before curling up on the couch with it for an hour or so. He considered swinging by the store to do some painting but he put it off knowing he was going to be there all week working on things. As well as waiting for some shipments to come in from London. It was going to be a busy week but that was how he liked it.

Laying back down with a comfy blanket he dozed back off only to wake a few hours later leaving him a half hour to get ready and get out the door. Luca got up to take another shower and opted to keep his clothing simple, pair of jeans and a dark green shirt before pulling on his shoes and pocketing his wand.

Locking up he headed out to make the short walk to the shop. The weather was perfect this time a year for him, his favorite season and he enjoyed all that it brought with it. The town was always a bit quieter on Sunday so within ten minute he found himself walking up the stairs to Leyton's apartment and knocking on the door.
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Adult
Leyton Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 2:42 pm

Grabbing her a cup he placed it on the counter before filling the kettle back up and placing it back on the stove. Turning slightly he gave her a smile over his shoulder, "Hey Piper, I just put a fresh kettle on for tea," he said watching her come into the kitchen. "Oh, no. You relax. I've got this. I'm going to pop this in the oven now and once it comes out the bread goes in."

Turning he leaned against the counter practically feeling the anxiety rolling off her. "Breathe Piper. If I would have needed anything else I would have gladly asked you to bring it." Coming over he took one of her hands into his own. "You know I wanted to ask you something last night but I was so flustered by the time we actually got out of the club that I forgot all about it. So, I'll ask you now while it's just us."

Letting out a deep breath he stroked his thumb over her hand before speaking again, "I don't know how proper this is since I'm your boss now, but I really would like to date you Piper. I've been..falling for you.. hard. This year even more so. I'll understand if you don't feel the same way and I won't make things awkward at work but I needed to be true to myself and how I've been feeling."

Looking back down at their hands he slowly released hers before taking a step back to busy himself with the tea, not ready to see her face if she said no. Though he supposed dinner would be rather awkward if she said no as well but he wasn't going to think about that piece yet.

Pulling the tea cups together he poured the kettle slowly as to not betray his shaking hands to her. Letting out a slow breath he eventually turned around and set the cups down on the table. "Here you are, cream and sugar are just there of you want."

Hearing the knock in the door he called out to his brother, "Come on in Luca, door's open and make yourself comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Piper Evans
Adult
Piper Evans

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2023 11:38 am

Piper smiled almost shyly at her boss. She had to relax when he asked her to, for some reason she always felt comforted when Leyton spoke to her. He was so kind to her, so thoughtful. She breathed as instructed, calming her nerves and admitting that she was worrying for no reason. If he'd expected Piper to bring something, Leyton surely would have asked. His hand holding her gave her a pleasant shiver through her body, and she couldn't help but smile at him.

"Well you'd best ask now then, since you've been sitting on it since last night and all," she said, squeezing the hand he held hers with. Piper wondered what he might ask of her, but she had a feeling it was something positive, at least.

The words that escaped his lips surprised her enough to make her gasp. Piper had no idea he felt that way about her! Oh, but if they'd only spoken before now they could have already had something going, couldn't they? But then again, Leyton was correct in the fact he was her boss. Was it really proper for them to start a relationship? They both wanted one, though, so did they really need to worry about propriety?

Piper was just forming words to reply when Leyton handed her her tea, so she was distracted and softly thanked him before adding a single spoon of sugar to hers. She opened her mouth to speak again, but Luca arrived just at that moment and the witch found herself again snapping her mouth shut. She looked about in a slight panic, not knowing how to relay her happiness to Leyton without actually talking to him, but not wanting to talk about this with Luca there. The brothers needed to sort out their own things together. Piper was just there for moral support.

"Hello, Luca. It's good to see you again," she said, and even as she spoke to Luca Piper reached over to find Leyton's hand and tangled her fingers with his. She hoped it reassured him that they would talk soon. That she was flattered. That she wanted him back. But that was so much to say without words...
Back to top Go down
Luca Lestrange
Adult
Luca Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 4:50 pm

(I don't know why Luca is coming so hard to me right now )

Coming in the door he removed his shoes and set them aside, remembering the customs that his brother liked to keep. Smiling to himself he came into the space more smiling slightly as he saw the two of them close together not failing to noticed their hands laced together. Good for them, he was happy that his brother was finally letting people back into his life.

Leyton was more like him than they liked to let on, building walls to keep their hearts safe. Or so they liked to think.

Leaning against the doorframe he nodded and chuckled, "long time no see.. but yes, good to see you decided to join us as well. Get to know you a bit better as well." Glancing to his brother he wrinkled his nose, "You made my favorite, you really do love me?" He said playfully knocking his fist against his brothers shoulder.

Moving back into the living room he settled onto the couch getting comfortable. "Got some news for you as well. I am going to be opening a music shop. Figured this town needs one instead of waiting on things to come all the way from London. Gonna take everything I've got saved up but might as well take the leap now versus later."
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Adult
Leyton Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 5:23 pm

His nerves were trying to get the best of him before he could get the question out but at least he was able to calm her slightly before surprising her. Which surprised him when she gasped, their hands still linked together as he got his statement out. She hadn't slapped him for being forward so at least he had that.

Giving her a moment when he had started to make their tea had done nothing to calm his worrying mind though. He shouldn't have sprung it on her right before dinner but he was afraid of chickening out. Picking up his tea after adding cream and sugar he took a sip and let out a deep breath as his brother came in and made himself at home.

"Hello brother," he said as Piper laced her fingers through his and he turned his head to give her a soft smile, lifting their hands to kiss the top of hers lightly. "Yes, Piper joined us as I hope she does in the future as well," he responded before looking back to Luca.

"Some days. Other days it's debatable depending on how much you get on my nerves. Dinner will be ready soon." Picking up his tea with his free hand he took another drink and started towards the living room with her to relax before everything was done.

"Really Luca, that's a great idea. I am sure it will do well. Especially since the school has a music program. Maybe you could work out a partnership with the school for supplies and things like that. I took the same leap as well. I put everything I had into this. Sink or swim. You never know if you don't try right?" Leyton had his days where he didn't want to get out of bed, but he worked his program, still even when he wanted to give up.

"If you need help, please let me know. I know these last two years... what happened when I went to rehab. What happened leading up to going to rehab.. They aren't times I'm ready to discuss even now. I don't know what they told you if anything, but if you are willing to start fresh so am I."
Back to top Go down
Piper Evans
Adult
Piper Evans

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2023 9:08 am

Piper was starting to feel like she was intruding on a private moment. At the same time she was supporting a friend- a friend who might soon be more than a friend if things went the direction they seemed to be heading, and that was important to her. "Maybe I should check on dinner?" she started to say, only to squeak softly when Leyton kissed her hand. Oh. Okay. Maybe not then.

The witch wasn't sure how to react, what to think. It seemed her boss had read her reaction to his question well, at least, so there was that. She knew they had a lot to talk about, and she never imagined this evening would go in this direction for her. Of course, they would have to wait until after the twins caught up, which was no bother to Piper. She wanted the pair to get along again, to be there for each other. Both of them desperately needed it.

"Oh, that's lovely, Luca!" she said, truly happy for the young man. He would do quite well with a music shop, and she was sure it would only help further his career with the band, too. "Are you going to offer lessons or anything, too? For kids who can't go to Merlin's yet or even in addition to what they learn there? There are so many ways you can make it a very lucrative business. That's quite exciting!" Piper's head was spinning with all the possibilities for both boys to make it big. Oh, but she hoped they would both find great success.

Hearing Leyton speak what little he could about the time surrounding his trip to rehab had Piper's eyes stinging. She hated hearing him sound so dejected. He was a strong man, and his decision to seek help only made him stronger in her opinion. "When you are ready to talk about it, I'm here," she said softly, knowing she hadn't been there with him through those times but also knowing that sometimes an outsider helped more than the closest friend from then. After all, it was friends like Leyton who helped her get passed blocks about her parents, rather than the parents who were there when she was learning about her condition. It was hard to talk to the people directly affected by the acts one was most ashamed of, at least in Piper's experience.
Back to top Go down
Luca Lestrange
Adult
Luca Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 10:47 am

Luca settled hearing his brother was going to be there to support him regardless of what had happened between them in the past. He knew that one day they would have to discuss the pain between them but that night was not the time to open up old wounds. Luca didn't know all the details of the Carson debacle and he didn't want to because he still wanted to make the man disappear to never be seen again. But, there were too many loose ends that would trace back. Karma was a bitch though and she always made sure people got what they deserved.

Turning his attention to the pair as they sat down he raised a brow curiously. Luca knew there had been noone since Reyna. At least none that he had heard about, but losing her was one of the greatest losses Leyton had ever faced. Seeing him with Piper though made him optimistic, hoping that he would try again. He deserved happiness, especially after everything that had happened.

Looking to Piper he nodded. "Yeah, gonna start off with guitar lessons first until the other rooms are completely done and then branch out to piano and drums. Make the lessons accessible and affordable for all. I'm not in it to get rich," he said with a chuckle, "Not at first. Gotta draw the people in first. But, yes. I will teach anyone who wants to learn. Probably hire a student or two if anyone expresses interest once we are open. But if I need anything I'll let you know. Maybe I'll send people there to get tea before lessons."

He knew it would take time to really make his mark but he was willing to wait and put in the work to make something of himself.

Sighing, he shook his head at his brother, "Please brother, at ease. I didn't come here with any expectations of talking about those times right now. We can work our way up to that, and if we never get to the full details then I will be completely comfortable with what you do choose to tell. As much as I wanted to know, it's not my story to tell. So yes, a fresh start to move from today is what we will do."
Back to top Go down
Leyton Lestrange
Adult
Leyton Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 12:34 pm

Leyton listened to his brother as he talked about his shop he smiled slightly happy to see him so excited about his prospects for the future. It was a long time coming but they would get there one step at a time. Squeezing Piper's hand gently he nodded, "Yeah I think this town will respond positively to your shop. I really do, especially with the school so close and more people living here year round. Plus I think if you send some students my way that wouldn't help either. We could work out a deal if you get student's signed up for lessons maybe we can come up with a blend that helps with focus that you could have on hand at the shop. Win, win for both of us."

Trying to keep a more somber look from crossing his face he nodded to Luca and Piper both. "Maybe, one day. Some of it I don't remember which is probably a good thing. Other pieces, I got from Draco and the others. I had to journal a lot when I first went to rehab. I sent them away once they were full for safe keeping if anything were ever to happen to me. I wanted someone to know my story. Not sure who has them though. The center did not tell me for obvious reasons, but they exist.

Wrinking his nose, he slipped away from Piper and headed towards the kitchen pulling out the bread that was just shy of being burnt. "Now I remember why I usually just buy bread from the bakery. I do it and nearly put the kitchen up in flames." Pulling the pasta out and setting it on the table he grabbed the salad next. "Come eat, please. If it's the worst thing you've ever eaten well... plenty of salad for everyone."
Back to top Go down
Piper Evans
Adult
Piper Evans

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 12:58 pm

Piper smiled at Luca's words. She thought the music shop was a great idea, and really hoped for the best for him. "I'd love to stop by sometime once you have a piano set up. I haven't played in so long. It would be lovely to play again," she mused. She used to play piano when she was younger. Her parents got her lessons and even bought a used piano for her right around when the accident happened and everything went spiraling. She used the instrument to help her cope a lot of the time, actually.

She was quick to agree with the idea of a special tea blend for the students. "We could make a few different music-themed blends to have in the shop if you wanted. That could be fun. Maybe some could be focusing, some energizing... something to help with creativity?" There were a ton of ideas floating through her head as she thought of ways to help the brothers stick together working on things. This whole meeting seemed very positive, and she was delighted to see the two together like this.

"Don't be silly, Leyton. It smells wonderful! I'm sure it's going to taste just as good," she said, tossing an easy smile his way. She was telling the truth, too. The food smelled delicious and she was eager to taste it. Her stomach grumbled as he set the food at the table and she blushed as she looked sheepishly between the pair. "I am so sorry. I guess I'm hungrier than I realized."

Piper was quick to follow suit and scoop some salad onto her plate before moving on to the main course. She scooped a bit of the casserole out as well, then took a piece of bread and settled into eat. Taking a bite of the food, she closed her eyes and let the flavors dance over her tongue. It tasted just as good as it smelled. She swallowed the bite, then looked at Leyton approvingly. "Just as I said, it tastes delicious. You did a very good job."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)   It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Just Dinner, How Bad Could It Be? (Closed: Luca & Piper)
Page 1 of 1